On with my foundation project. Today is Makeup Forever’s Mat Velvet+.
I have had this foundation for a while now. I use it whenever I have a night out or need some little extra coverage. As the name indicates, it’s oil-free, and it’s also water-resistant.
I have mine in #45 (I’m NC42/43) which I think is an ok match once it oxidises. The undertone of the range seems quite suitable for neutral undertones – which means it doesn’t suit me quite well on my very yellow undertone. It’s very close, but not quite enough for me to repurchase. The high price is actually acceptable because of the good coverage, so I don’t use it every day.
Overall, I really like it. The pros:
– Good coverage – won’t say it’s full-coverage though.
– Nice texture – not too thick despite of the good coverage.
– The packaging: it’s so sleek and compact and light. The bottle looks really small, but it still contains 30ml.
– Easy to get out of the bottle: it’s not a pump – you just squeeze the right amount out:
– Matte finish – which is good for a night out.
– Scent free.
I don’t really have any cons for this. I just would not repurchase because the undertone is not yellow enough – and combined with the high price, it’s just not right for me. But I would definitely recommend it for everyone else 😉
I’m wearing the foundation on the right side of my face(maybe I’ve zoomed in a little too much haha):
And then on the entire face:
So if you compare my face with the chest, it’s actually pretty close 🙂
Have you tried the Mat Velvet+? What do you think of it?
If you haven’t seen my giveaway post, click here. It will be closed Monday 29th.