Usually, I like lighter and fresher eye looks…. because it’s so easy, and as much as I love makeup – most days I’m lazy with it. So I don’t do this kind of darker look very often, but this is the look I did yesterday:
Close up on the eyes:
For the eyes, I was using:
– Urban Decay primer potion (priming the eyes can make a huge difference)
– A light colour as base
– The Storm palette:
I applied the midnight blue colour(1) on my lid, making sure not to bring it up too much. I kept layering this colour a few times. And then I smudged it up slightly to avoid any harsh line. I contoured with the black shade(2), making sure to apply it very lightly as I only want a hint of darker colour on the outer corner. Blend, blend, blend, blend. I then used a lighter shade as a transition colour(3) and applied it on the rest of the lids. I then used a light shimmery champagne colour(4) and lightly dabbed it on the browbone, and on the inner corners of my eyes – making sure to blend it properly to avoid the inner corners screaming shimmer. But it was a very important step in order to brighten up the eyes because this is a darker look. I finished off by smudging on a darker brown colour on the lower lashline, just to connect with the rest of the eyes.
I wanted a subtle look. So I didn’t want to put on a heavy eyeliner. I used a soft, black pencil liner I can smudge out – with Revlon colorstay black pencil liner. This liner is so creamy and has good staying power – just make sure to go over it/smudge it with a Q-tip. I only gave the liner a tiny lift without winging it as such. As I had a night out, I avoided to put on any dark/black liner/mascara under my eyes – black smudge is the last thing I wanted last night! So I kept it clean with only the smudged dark brown colour. I of course, topped the whole look off by curling my lashes with my beloved Shiseido eyelash curler and mascara. I used Maybelline Falsies and Maybelline Volum Express Rocket for even bigger lashes.
For the rest, I was wearing:
– Estee Lauder Futurist in #66. This is a sample I got from the counter. I’m quite satisfied with the colour match.
– Revlon Colorstay concealer in medium/deep
– Milani multitasker powder in 05 Tan
– Lioele eyebrow pencil in 02
– NYX powder blush in Dusty Rose
– Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in 423 Pink Velvet – for a very pretty rosie tint on my lips and good staying power by doing this:
tip: I put on a generous coat, and massaged it in my lips, and then I blotted the rest off with a tissue until I’m left with a tint. It can look rather dry, so I topped it off with:
– Revlon Super Lustrous lipgloss in 080 Cherries in the glow
I forgot to top the whole look off with:
– Skindinavia setting spray – I realised I forgot when I was out in the heat!!!
Have a great weekend, everyone 😀